It’s easy to spend money here and there on a new blouse or colourful trainers, but what about the things that could make a big impact on your day-to-day? Impulse purchases aren’t great for your budget and the initial joy of your new purchase fades in a short amount of time. After you cover your life expenses and savings, what can you do to optimise your spending?
You may think that £25 won’t be able to make a big impact, but we’ve compiled some great finds that we believe will show you that every day can be a great day!
- Upgrade your go-to cooking knife. What’s more a part of daily life than cooking for yourself and loved ones?
- Mind the gap takes on a whole new meaning for commuters. Never let your mobile drop between the seats of your car again with these gap fillers.
- Help the environment and your wallet with a reusable stainless steel bottle.
- Your future self will thank you for purchasing a slow cooker, a great cooking accessory to have when you work long hours and lack the energy to cook when you get home.
- A multi-tool is an item you always realise you need at the moment you need it, but never before. Be prepared at all times with the easy-to-carry key-like multi-tool.
- If you sit in front of a screen all day, you could be doing irreversible damage to your eyes. Try wearing a pair of blue-blockers to help.
- Are you guilty of buying a daily latte? A little splurge now on something simple like a milk frother feels like a treat, but actually saves you loads over time by making your daily caffeine boost at home.
- Upgrade your morning routine with a new showerhead. Enjoy different spray patterns and a lux filtration system, along with a water-saving system to help you spend less!
- There’s a special joy to being organised. It’s quite relaxing to come home to a place where everything is neat and tidy. Try these closet organisers or sort your junk drawer.
- Send a loved one a card or flowers to let you know you’re thinking of them. Your relationships with friends and family are equally a part of your daily life and a nice gesture to remind them you care will certainly improve their day, and brightening theirs will brighten yours!
- You can’t put a price on peace of mind. While you hope to never use a first aid kit, it’s great to know you’ll be prepared in case you need to. If you already have one for your home, make sure you have one for your car as well.
- Sign up for a subscription box for things you use regularly like toothbrushes or razors — it will save you more over time and you’ll never be stuck without a replacement when you need it most.
- You spend a third of each day in bed — shouldn’t your bedding reflect it? Upgrade your nightly comfort with new washable hypo-allergenic duck feather pillows to improve your daily and nightly life.
- Pick something pleasant to add to your desk or workspace. Maybe a framed picture from a recent holiday or a prickly plant — anything to turn a dreary place of work into a cheery place of productivity.
- A strategically placed doormat, especially during winter months, is a simple yet effective way to minimise time spent cleaning floors.
The information in this article is provided for education and informational purposes only, without any express or implied warranty of any kind, including warranties of accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose. The information in this article is not intended to be and does not constitute financial or any other advice. The information in this article is general in nature and is not specific to you the user or anyone else.